Originally Posted by Mackx
For the Shortcut-part of the story I am working on a new hack that is similar to the MustRead-functionality that I had on the R1.7.1. This allows to tag new documents that will show in the MustRead-view and once they are read are removed from it. (Sometimes you add a document to the DR that you want to read when you have some time in the future, so you add it to a 'mustread'-view and can quickly find it later.
Moving files on the DR would indeed be a cool extension. The problem is that the current file-dialogs on the DR are a little cumbersome, so a dedicated DR folder/file selection widget would be nice to have to create the move-file feature.
I am also working on a hack that allows you change the title and author on the DR AND to block UDS from updating title and author each time you open a (pdf-)document that has embedded author and title properties.
All to follow somewhere in the future...
That would be the best way, of course, but to use it on a DR800 I'd have to port/translate all your other changes... That's something that I have in my TODO list, but not at top...
I tend to use shorcuts as MustRead (or favourite) view, so I was thinking on a simple external application, "INBOX Manager":
1. read <sd_card>/INBOX folder contents (files or directories)
2. create a treeview with 4 columns:
- chosen_destination? toggle or icon (not editable, false by default)
- file/directory name (not editable)
- create_shorcut? toggle or icon (editable)
- destination path (null by default, hidden)
3. if user tap over a row a destination selection dialog is showed, which would fill
the 4th column with the selected path and mark the 1st one
4. before closing, loop over the files/dirs
- if chosen_destination is marked:
. move file/dir from INBOX to its destination path
. if create_shortcut -> create shorcut
. run mdbindex to reindex files. It would remove old entried from INBOX indeeed (so no need to play with the DB
I think I can code it in Lua in a few hours.
What do you think?