View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 , Kindle for PC
new S&R - Heuristics - sigil compatible ?

with the new features, I have been crunching various PDF that I'd previously regarded as un-convertable.

good results except that with a couple of big, complex ones, although the epub looks good in calibre, SIGIL chokes when asked to open it. not sure yet exactly why ,but CPU goes to 100% , sigil stops responding.

I have not yet tried a PC reboot but I note that if I kill sigil processes & then give it an easy book to open it is still happy.

i want to do more tests before raising a bug report - see if I can be more specific....

update

seems to be caused by photo collection at end of PDF - I see no images in calibre epub viewer, just lots of lines
------------------ --------------
and the epub takes ages to load into viewer

as if the conversion has tried to convert photos to text ???

Last edited by cybmole; 01-22-2011 at 06:31 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote