View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
bmacaskill
Enthusiast
bmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
Do your collections appear in the Archived Items list? I don't think it restores it unless you grab it off there.

If you've still got your old Kindle then you can grab the collections data file off that and put it onto your new Kindle. Assuming all the files are named the same and in the same locations then it should recreate everything.

If its 3.0.2 (553210206) then it won't take the 3.0.3 update. Its a known issue at the moment and you'll have to wait for Amazon to make a new 3.0.3 or release 3.0.4.
I grabbed the entire contents (i.e. entire file system) and didn't get the collections -- are you suggesting something else?

And yes, I am temporarily in possesion of three K3s. I'm tempted to read three books at the same time ;-)

I don't mind being without the 3.03 update, though I thought I could simply download it from amazon.
bmacaskill is offline   Reply With Quote