View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacaskill View Post
I tried copying the contents of the original K3 to the new (uncracked) one, but I lost my collections (but not the books) -- e.g. all 85 books were at the "root" of the Home screen but no longer categorized by Collection. My place in each book *was* carried over.
Do your collections appear in the Archived Items list? I don't think it restores it unless you grab it off there.

If you've still got your old Kindle then you can grab the collections data file off that and put it onto your new Kindle. Assuming all the files are named the same and in the same locations then it should recreate everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacaskill View Post
Also, firmware on the new one was 3.02 whereas the old one had been 3.03.
If its 3.0.2 (553210206) then it won't take the 3.0.3 update. Its a known issue at the moment and you'll have to wait for Amazon to make a new 3.0.3 or release 3.0.4.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote