View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Cybook Gen3
Here's a snippet of text from the ePub:
Code:
<p class="calibre3">Nulla viverra viverra odio, ut euismod arcu ultrices ut. Sed laoreet blandit turpis quis dictum. Donec rutrum tellus at nulla aliquet feugiat consectetur sem suscipit. Suspendisse non turpis mauris.</p>

<h2 class="calibre4">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit</h2>
The relevant CSS parts are:
Code:
.calibre3 {
    display: block;
    font-weight: normal;
    margin-bottom: 1em;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: 1em;
    text-align: justify;
    text-indent: 1.1em
    }
.calibre4 {
    display: block;
    font-family: sans-serif;
    font-size: 1.5em;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin-bottom: 0.83em;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: 0.83em;
    text-align: left
    }
I notice that the bold style (calibre4) is set to align left, whereas the "normal" style (calibre3) is set to justify. Also, I note that Calibre seems to have interpreted the bold parts from the original source as being headings, which might explain the different CSS.
However, I don't know why this is so. I'd suggest you wait for someone more knowledgeable to show up.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote