Hello everyone. Because the Sony Reader PRS-650 does not have a wireless connection you must plug it in to the computer via USB in order to transfer files. This, at the same time, is what charges the battery.
Now I don't know if I'm just being paranoid,
but am I the only one who has wondered: isn't this bad for the battery?
There is no doubt that you have to fully charge the battery before using it for the first time. Isn't it also true that you should avoid over-charging a battery? Or using using it just a little bit, and re-charging it too soon? Doesn't this reduce the life of the battery cell?
I hope you can see where I'm going here. Should I try to transfer files as quickly as possible, to avoid over-charging? Or worse: should I wait until my battery is low before transferring new books?
Thanks for your attention. What you you think?