I just got this to load on Windows XP
After reading the the entire thread a couple of times and having a couple of problems with the install I realized a couple of things.
1. The Kindle has to be connected to the computer (DUH)
2. The Kindle has to have at least one collection defined (another DUH)
3. Unzip the Kindelabra Install .zip into a work folder
4. Run the install.bat
5. It will run several installs of various required tools, just accept all default values and press the next button.
6. When the Install.bat completes extract the Kindelabra run files into your work folder.
7. It will create a folder named "RichardPeng-Kindelabra...", I moved that folder into my computer "Program Files" Folder.
8. Open that folder and Right click on Kindelabra.Py and create a shortcut and place it on your desktop. (You have to do this after you move the folder to where ever you want it)
The GUI Window should now run, click on the Shortcut you just created.
When the Gui opens there is a message at the bottom that tells you to select your Kindle Home folder and you should be in business.
I hope this helps