View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
screenreader
screenreader began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Manga/pdf in the Cybook? Help, please!

Hi!

I am a newcomer to this forum, to the world of e-readers and to Cybook, which I got finally delivered yesterday.

I intend to use it specially for reading manga, and although I have searched the forum, I haven't seen a solution for my problem.

This is what I've tried so far:

To read it as separate image files: Navigation is too slow, and having a zillion of jpgs or pngs in the "covers" menu make it a real pain to wait until the thumbnails are loaded or until I navigate to the page I want to start reading.

To turn jpgs into mobipocket format: I don't know what I am doing wrong, but when I start reading, pages are shown very small, like thumbnails, making it impossible to read.

To make pdfs out of jpgs: This seems to work... somehow. With some manga, it planinly works, although nearly 1 out of every 5 pages will be displayed with errors or won't be shown at all. With most other files, I get an error message from the cybook, telling me it's impossible to open the file.

I've used Adobe Acrobat Professional. I've tried this pdf option in a high number of ways, but I can't seem to get the proper format or options. I thought it could be a weight issue, or something related to the number of pages, but i have a file weighing 57 MB and having 177 pages which shows almost alright, and other weighing 13 MB and having 50 pages and not working at all (getting the error message).

I've searched the forum for solutions, but I only found solutions for other devices, such as using rasterfarian for the sony reader. Could I turn this sony formatted files into some format supported by the Cybook?

Is there any pdf-configuration which will work?

Sorry for this long message, but if I want to feel the price I payed worthy, and also to reccomend the device to other customers, I need to make this work. Also the solutions can be useful for others.

Thank you very much, any help will be appreciated.
screenreader is offline   Reply With Quote