View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #7
ajnorth
ajnorth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ajnorth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ajnorth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
Reliability

I've just changed to Alinine's wireless scripts (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14718), which are great.
I was using the connectionMgr but I discovered that program would shut down the wireless connection after successfully configuring it if the PC it was configured to connect to couldn't be reached i.e. it wouldn't work if the PC was turned off. You can pass a connect-ids option to attempt a connection to the ids instead of the PC but it's better to have independent control of the wireless without the iLiad attempting to connect to anything.
The wireless is very stable for me, but seems to have very short range compared to a laptop with wireless. I seem to almost have to be in the same room as my router.
Re: stability, I'm running only on the internal memory so far. I've read that access to the compact flash cards can disrupt the wireless.
ajnorth is offline   Reply With Quote