View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Two Questions: Early Reviewer and Book Giveaway

Ok, I've been tinkering around with GoodReads and LibraryThing for a while and two of the things that I found on these sites were A) the LibraryThing early reviewer feature where you give away a certain number of books to people willing to read and review your book, and B) a Goodreads giveaway where you build interest in your books by offering a selected number of books for free that you will eventually mail out to the end users.

Now, the first thing I want to cover is the giveaways. How many of you have done this, and is there any special guidelines you would suggest? Ie, recommended number of copies to give away, length of giveaway, etc.

Also, the early reviewer feature at LibraryThing. I'm still kinda stumped on that. I guess I'm just overthinking that. But I guess it works the same as the goodreads giveaway. If that's true, that's great!

Now, another thing, what kind of blurbs or other stuff do they want when promoting your book on these giveaways, and what seems to work best. And again, yes, I know these are all dead tree giveaways, but hey, since I'm still working with dead tree books a lot, and they're my primary point of sales, I figure why not? Anyhow, any help is welcome.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote