View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #24
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Kobo Touch, KFHD 7, GTab 2 7.0, Surface RT, iPad4,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieknits View Post
Mr. Willys Jeepman , thankyou. I want this tablet hacked and operating and never to mess with again. I have read your post over and over. I think I can successfully flash the firmware. However, this part needs some further clarification if you wouldn't mind.
"Apply the volkey patch... this turns the volume rocker into "menu" and "back" hard buttons.
Once that's installed, apply the 2D/3D graphics patch
And then apply the ARM11 optimized DVM w/JIT patch
And finally:
Install the Google Experience w/Android Market."
Could you elaborate on how you install these patches? The instructions on slatedroid are not sinking in clearly. Alot of "how" to apply these patches are omitted assuming the user already is familiar with applications..
Thanks for your posts, they are helping... I'm leaning towards your methods now and not the NCHTM..
I upgraded the Pandigital firmware from their site to find out if I have B or K and it is now at the 11-19 date and is a K model... I now have figurred that stands for Kohls.
I"m ready to roll, Should I remove the internal sd card or not? thanks
The 11-19 firmware is the latest official release. If you ever have to reflash the device, use 11-19 (not the older official firmwares like 7-24 that many at slatedroid are recommending)

Here are the steps for applying the volkey patch... please note, this is done AFTER the 1/11 firmware has been flashed to the device. (and make sure that after you have flashed 1/11to your device that you power down, insert the microSD card and then power up again). Only proceed to apply the volkey patch after you have booted up with the microSD card in. Power down and boot up an additional time just to be safe.

The volkey patch is a .zip file that gets installed like a firmware. But the way it is packaged in that link I posted, it is a zip file within a zip file. You have to unzip that main zip file and you'll get a read-me and nested zip file.

You put it (that nested zip, filename = volkey_mod_update_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip) on an external SD card and make sure that it is the only .zip file on it. Remove any .apk files that you may have on that SD card. Play it safe and make sure that it is the only file on that SD card.

Make sure that your PDN is powered off, insert the SD card, press and hold the vol+ button and then press the power button and hold both on for 4 seconds. After 4 seconds, release it and eventually you'll see "Andy" and a graphic that shows it is applying the patch.

It is possible that you will see the progress bar move to 25%-30% and then blink and go back to 0% and progress to 25%-30%... if that happens it is called a "flash-loop". When a flash-loop happens when flashing firmware it can really hose the device up. But with this little patch, you can let it loop 2 or 3 times and then use a paper clip to reset. The device will reboot and you should boot up correctly with the volkey patch applied.

The subsequent tweaks (2D/3D graphics, ARM11 optimization, GE-Market) require that the Android SDK be installed on your PC so that you can push files to the device's protected area. So please keep that in mind... it gets a little more involved.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote