View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
secretsubscribe
Enthusiast
secretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to behold

Device: PRS-500,Treo 750, Archos 605 Wifi
I just purchased a 605 less than a week ago (holiday gift certificate and sale of old junk on ebay funded the purchase).

I am trying it out as an ebook reader, since i should be able to read ebooks on every single device i own... right!?!

I get a much better reading experience if I edit an ebook's layout so the page size if 6" by 4" and I set a large enough font.

Page rendering is a lil faster and you see the whole page on screen.
I did this using Word and doPDF to create the PDF doc from a few rtfs and htm ebooks.

It's work though.... Seems like ebook reading is almost as much about converting as it is about reading.

Plus, I've been using my Sony Reader for a few months not and my eyes are no longer used to reading from a small LCD they way they were back in my Axim x5v days.
secretsubscribe is offline   Reply With Quote