View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Amazon and that annoying 'Not Yet Available'

OK, call me an impatient twit, but there are a couple of books I've been waiting for from favorite authors. I am literally ready to start reading them as soon as I get my mitts on them.

So I go to Amazon and there is that lovely 'click here to start reading on your Kindle in under a minute', I click it, and the book is NOT YET AVAILABLE.

What the heck. Sony has it, Fictionwise has it (though not in Kindle format, sigh). Why does it take Amazon so long to get these files up? I've noticed that many of the new offerings do not become available until the next day!

The first few weeks this happened, I chalked it up to startup problems....but now it is getting really annoying! Today is my day off and I have time to read, but tomorrow I have to work! ARGH

Come on, Amazon, this is the computer age. You should have these books queued up on your website ready to become available at 12:01 on release day (I don't care what time zone you choose). This feels like you have a single person who wakes up on release day morning and thinks 'Wow, today I have to convert all those EBooks for Kindle'.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote