View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 04:53 AM   #6
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnorth View Post
I've just put a call to /mnt/free/samba/bin/start.sh at the end of /home/root/start.sh to load the samba server on startup.
That seems to work fine. I manually started the wireless network after startup and was then able to access the shared folder ok. I wanted the network connection to remain manual because of the battery drain associated with wireless (I have wireless network on and off scripts accessible through the iLiad GUI).
This sounds cool. However, my problem with this concept is the extremely unreliable state of the wireless connection.

My script starts the wireless connection using "wireless.sh start xxxxx". It works, but it sometimes drops after 10 seconds, sometimes it is stable for several minutes. What does your script contain? Is it better to use the connectionMgr command?
narve is offline   Reply With Quote