View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #77
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Now, back to Ender and the Shadow series....I had a hard time with it because I had a hard time dealing with the kids as military powers, I don't know why, it just seemed really far fetched, maybe because it was on Earth and not in Space where they were controlled.

I loved Enders Shadow, that was a great book, but last few just kind of fizzled out and I really had a hard time reading them until towards the end because I did get kind of attached to the Bean character and Petra.
I read those books as the kids were always under the control of adults and were being either strong armed or manipulated. Pretty much every Battle School grad answered to an adult who was jealous of the Battle School Grad. Many of those adults found themselves removed from power when it was clear they were ignoring the advice of the Battle School grad but most were able to thwart the teens for a decent amount of time.

Then you had Graff and Mazar who were always manipulating the kids. They didn't bother trying to hide it, which I think the kids appreciated, but there they were. I don't know how much of the series anyone has read but their end fates are all determined by Graff and Mazar.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote