View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
I like the idea of allowing people to give a big "thumbs up" to a particular reply. Sure, we can give karma, but that's really hidden in the shadows, like some backroom deal to buy Mad magazine. No one else gets to share in the fun. Also, karma around here has become as significant as monopoly money or Disney Dollars. If someone makes a post that's poetic enough to make the birds sing, they deserve real tribute, accolades that can be seen by all and not some 10 point boost to a sum that already exceeds 759,000.

As another potential bonus, it would also allow users to vent their negative feelings without taking the time or energy to write out a scathing reply that would lead to some flame war. Let's say that you completely disagree with me on this point. Instead of writing out some long-winded reply simply to call me a moron, you could just click on the "thumbs down" icon and be done with it.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote