Originally Posted by duuri
hi guys i have that prestigio 3072b
if you tell me how i will extract firmware o files i willd o it
WOW! Thanks for the offer!
If you look up a few posts at post #48
(see top right corner of that post), you will find how I extracted the Next1's v1.0.00 software version of the v0.4.16 firmware.
Do you have software/firmware v2.1.3 (check under Settings/System Information)?
If you need help getting started, just post in this thread.
In essence, what you need to do is:
- (optional) Download the RK28_DM_Setup found in the Prestigio PER3052BW download section
- (optional) Install that software and the RK2729 usb .inf driver, when required
- Plug in your usb cable to the e-reader and computer, and turn the r-reader on.
- In this USB mode, copy any file named "rkusb.tag" to the internal flash memory
- Disconnect the e-reader and reboot the computer, then re-connect the e-reader after the reboot
- While that "rkusb.tag" is still in internal memory, TWO hidden partitions will be recognized by the computer (takes about a minute). The 150 MB partition is the (expanded) firmware files.
- Either compress the 150 MB partition in a .zip/.rar/.7z and upload somewhere or create a FAT .img using those files.
- BUT if you have firmware v2.1.3, then I think that will become available online soon...