View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Cybook Gen3
Well, I just tried starting the server via batch file. The file contained the single comand "start calibre-server --with-library=<insert_library_path_here>" and resided in the C:\ root directory. I added it as a task to be started on system boot. After I pointed the task scheduler to the .bat file, it asked me with what user credentials the task should be started, which may be the crucial point- the credentials given have to allow access to both the calibre-server.exe as well as the Calibre library directory. Your normal user ought to work fine.

I was, I have to say, for whatever reason unable to connect to the computer after it reached the logon screen (neither ping nor the calibre server, I suspect the firewall is at fault, I don't have the time now to fiddle with this further). But after I logged on, I was able to connect to the server via network, and the task manager showed the server as a running task. Personally, I'd classify that as a proof of concept and advise you to try and find out what is going wrong on your end. Posting actual error messages, if there are some, might help.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote