View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesteves View Post
The 950, another one I can't get to be shipped to Europe...

Found a few used Kindle DX in Italy and France. I'll probably buy one of those. I'd prefer getting one from the states (with the conversion rates it would be cheaper, even with the shipping fees and VAT) but there's a slim chance of that happening so...

Thank you all anyway!

Cheers
You can purchase all products, that are available in the US, via services like USUnlocked.com.
As a rule of thumb: In Europe, you'll end up around the same amount in Euro, which the unit in the US originally had been in US Dollar.
Usually, you have to pay about 10% fee to the supplier, about $ 30 for shipment, plus customs/VAT.
A reader, which costs around $ 300 in the US, will end up in the range of 270 to 320 Euro.
Usually, that's not a big problem. If the respective reader is available in Europe later on, it will have more or less the same price.
Europe, on average, simply is around 25% more expensive than the US market.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote