View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #112
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
I was once told that something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. The more this argument is presented the more I think the publishers are being very stubborn. They want $10-15 for a book and they insist they get it. Sure, they may only have 300 people buying the book for that price when if they were to drop it to $5 they might have $3,000 people. Truthfully peple arent willing to pay it. They can break that down a million times over with some complex mumbo jumbo about who needs to get paid, when, where, how, no one cares. The consumer doesnt care about any of this mess and why should they? The paperback is $5, the hardback is $10, ebook is $12? Plus you have DRM on the ebook? It makes no sense but they dont care. I dont know much about how things work for them, who gets paid and how much but I honestly believe that the minute they start lowering prices theyll start making money hand over fist.
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote