View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
gdiamond1989
gdiamond1989 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color Rooted
Rooted Nook Color Wireless Connection Problems

Hello All,

After pondering it for a while I finally made the jump yesterday and went ahead and rooted my Nook Color and it is AWESOME. I'm having a problem with the device though that I think is unrelated to the root. Wireless for the device has been working fine since I got it on Christmas, AND I'm running 1.0.1 (got the update before doing root.) Last night though my NC started being unable to connect to wireless. It will try but will get stuck on "Obtaining IP address" and then after a while of trying that will say that the connection was unsuccessful.

I haven't been able to find much about this in forums around the web. Seems like a lot of people have had to change what kind of authentication they're running (for the record I've been secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK), but I don't know how to do that AND I don't understand why I'd have to do that after the wireless has been working for so long.

Any ideas?! So upset that I can't get this going, I've fixed other root related things and had been feeling pretty tech savvy until now.
gdiamond1989 is offline   Reply With Quote