View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
What is considered a serious drain... amongst others, I have a 505, with a 16GB SDHC card, that I recharge around every week to ten days. It is never switched off, only put in standby and I read at least two hours per day, up to six on a lazy day. As this means (worst case) 52 charges per year and this battery type (depending on your source) is good for 400-1000 charges that works out at around 8-20 years of use... if the rest lasts that long, I'd be really happy...
2 weeks into my testing of standby mode compared to power off between reading sessions...

Last charge was on 31/12/2010 when the battery meter showed 50% (2 bars) used/remaining.

Today 10 January it's down to 50% (2 bars) again and the last 2 days I haven't done as much reading as I usually do.

So putting the reader on standby rather than powering off between reading sessions definately drains the battery faster, although it's still better than Sony's 14 days between full charges.
MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote