View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
[Old Thread] Feature Idea - Auto convert on import

I didn't want to say request because that sounds like I'm demanding something, these are just some feature ideas that I thought might be useful to some.

Maybe this is already possible and I just couldn't see how to do it. Whenever I import books I always convert them to epub and mobi then delete the original format I imported them in. Would it be possible to have Calibre automagically do this for desired formats upon import? Also maybe add in the ability to automatically fetch metadata as well (user would still verify the correct metadata selection for the book)

Another idea I had, but one that would be more work, would be explorer extensions for converting books, importing them, and editing metadata. Just right click on a file and you can choose to convert it to another format, import to calibre, or edit metadata.

I think these features would be cool and useful for a lot of users, as is Calibre is still an amazing program and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say Thanks Kovid for so generously devoting your time to this free program!

Thanks
James
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote