View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #66
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
However, intellectual property CAN be stolen in the U.S., and when you make unauthorized copies of an e-book, you are stealing intellectual property.
1. "Intellectual property" is a propaganda term created by the copyright-maximalists to make people think that ideas can be owned. "Intellectual property" does not exist.

2. Making an unauthorized copy is not theft. If it was, copyright laws would not exist since the current property laws would suffice.
If I were to tell my local law enforcement that my next door neighbor was copying books, they would just shrug and do nothing. Copyright violations are not in their jurisdiction. If I told them that my neighbor stole my books, they would do something because theft is within their jurisdiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
U.S. law makes it clear that IP needs to be protected, specifically because of people who feel that others do not deserve due compensation for their ideas simply because they are not physical objects, and rob them of "potential sales." (Smart guys, those Founding Fathers.)
Current copyright law in the U.S. lets dead authors maintain control of their works. How can a dead person be compensated for their work?

Current copyright law allows people who did not create the content "own" the content.

This thread is about "copyright morality". Copyright is no longer moral. It is disrespectful to the public. Your expectations that the public should respect copyright is not realistic.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote