View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #57
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
Prices will always go up
What? I'd have gladly accepted "prices will fluctuate" or "merchants will try to maximize their profit", but it's certainly not true that "prices will always go up".

Quote:
... and I am unable to see how a digital means of distribution will change that.
The value, both perceived and real is smaller, and the same is true for the cost of production. A "just" price (i.e. one that is accepted by the buying population at large) will need to reflect that.

Quote:
I have always regarded the price of a book as the fee for the content
It's not, though. You are paying for a physical product.

Quote:
... should be practically free now! Right?!?!
I don't think anybody said as much, no.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote