View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #19
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I bought the Black Pandigital Color e-reader from BBB in Ottawa Canada.

When I got home I did the firmware update for the <Canadian version. This opened the Android O/S to allow installations of android apps. There is an older version of the "YouTube" app that works flawlessly on it.

The Android version on this unit is 1.5 and this tends to be the restriction w/re to app installs along with the lack of camera, mike. I believe some apps look for these on install. Still the built in Browser works great. The Kobo reader is very good as well. I downloaded a PDF reader that does a very good job with PDF's as it supports "Text flow".

I can access my yahoo mail by using the browser and logging into Yahoo.com. Using "Yahoo.com" I can keep a running tab on the weather for places I am interested in. Once setup it remembers these location. It will also play most videos embedded in news releases.

Using "Youtube Downloader" I can capture videos from Youtube on my PC and then transfer them over to an SDCARD for playback on the PDN as MP4.

Here are some apps that work

Youtube 1.3 version works great with the 1.5 OS.

Anyone having a problem finding these just PM me.

AK_Notepad

RepliGo Reader Version 2.1.1 - excellent PDF reader

ES_File_Explorer Ver 1.4.6 excellent on this device - comes with an App Killer

Aldiko Ereader I haven't found a way of zooming in/out so as to get the text to fit the width of the page. The page being read is wider than the viewing page. You have to pan back and forth. This makes this reader IMO as a last resort reader.

ireader is a good "Txt" reader with a multitude of settings.

EasyReader A little slow at starting - just wait - it has a sliding menu that can be hidden. There is no page segments - you just scroll the text vertically. It handles txt files but will open any files even though it looks like garbage once open

Reuters News 1.0.3 app works pretty good.

Puzzles.apk not a dynamic game but works the mind.

Pyramid.apk - good solitaire

All I did was install the FW update as directed by Pandigital and went ahead and looked for apps that I might be interested in. A lot will not work but then again it is Droid 1.5 with no phone technology.

So far I am happy with the device for the price.

Last edited by jlg432; 01-08-2011 at 08:25 PM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote