View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #13
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
This is not a new concept... it is merely a less expensive version, bookc scanners like this have been available for years and still are, the only difference with this relates to its price... they haven't been the subject of legal action so far and precedent tends to affect legal positions considerably. If anyone tries some restraint action then the defence is easy... these devices have been around for years and you ignored them, nothing's changed.

I was seriously looking at such a scanning device in 2009 but couldn't justify the cost at that time... and simply because you don't think there's a legal use, doesn't make it so... I've got plenty of material it would be useful for... absolutely legally and I'm not the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
They tried to block video recorders (and also mp3 players, though you don't mention those). But the difference with all of those is that they would have a legitimate legal use, and were marketed for that use. I doubt there will be enough people interested in digitising their old diaries to make it worth marketing to them. And if they market it as a tool to aid copyright violation they will just be asking for trouble.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote