View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #18
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baca25 View Post
I got the Pandigital novel in black for Christmas but i dont know how to use it. I havent been able to download any books. I cant view any videos when i link on to youtube from the web, and when i go on facebook i cant see anybodys profile pictures, also when i attempt to shop for ebooks on B&N.com i cant see the book covers. Is anyone else having this problem? Am i suppose to download or install something? And do download or install do i have to have it plugged into my computer? Please help me figure it out, i'm super excited about having one but bummed that i havent been able to use it.
Baca,
I'm sorry you've had those troubles. I haven't had unusual issues with mine (also Christmas gift). When I tried to view a YouTube video I got a message that made sense at the time, and I understood it wasn't possible -- however, I then read here that there may be an app for viewing YouTube with it. So, there may be hope. The books worked just find for me, however, the 100 pre-loaded books were not obvious at first. It said they were pre-loaded, so I refused to look elsewhere but In the PDN. Eventually, after just toying with it, I managed to get them to show. I believe it was just a matter of clicking the B&N icon, then "My Library" and then in the drop-down menu under both "Title" and "Author" is an option for "Local." I think that's what finally got them to show up. I’m sorry -- I do hope this is helping, because finding some of these commands is one of those things that is so completely reflexive and understood at this point -- not at the start, mind you -- but they are now, and on the up-side, it is less than 2 weeks later. And I no longer think about most of them.

I am not super knowledgeable about apps, or even the Android system, but I have discovered enough “just by fiddling with it” that I have the books I want with their book covers visible (including those I made myself), my personal wallpaper, and my playlists of mp3's for when I'm reading.

If I can help, you can message me using the options at my profile here. But others likely know 10 times more.

I had a major question about file name standards, but got tired of waiting and just loaded many of my books anyway. Unfortunately, I have to completely ignore the *Title* and *Author* sort, as they don't work unless one understands how the unit identifies them. So, I had a choice: Default my file names to Title-Author or Author last name-Title. I went with the latter, as I can sort books by the same author at least.

Anyhow, it is doing what I want it to. I know it can do a bit more and in time I suspect we will get there. To that end, this forum is a big help.

NOTE: Be sure you know which update you need from that link that Colina included. I went there just now and (unless I am completely misunderstanding the info) it shows something like 4 different PDN eReaders and the Firmware updates noted on that page are for only 2 of them. The 7" US model in White and the one in Black. I have the 7" Black 4GB from QVC and therefore I am not using the update noted on that page. But, that is based only on how I understood the info presented. I could be wrong. And if you don't have the 7" one with 4GB from QVC or the 9", then you can probably use one of those updates on the page.

Last edited by Caesius; 01-07-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Include Note about Firmware link
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote