View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 06:35 AM   #31
unboggling
by the bootstraps
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2, Nexus 7, KindleT, iPad1, Kindle3KB
@chaley, your explanation was extremely helpful and not at all pedantic. I'd been thinking in too linear a mode. I hope I'm getting it. To restate to make sure I understand:

Abstract Breeder generates itself on the fly when User tells it to fetch a foreign format (which it adopts) or birth a new format. User asks Breeder who asks it's cousin MetadataHandler to associate external or internal bookMetadata with 0 to n format children living in an abstract Book in an abstract Library. Thus generating a new or changing an old bookConcept that doesn't really exist except in mind of User. What really exists is a formatfile with metadata in it or associated with it, a formatfile without metadata, or a metadata set without a formatfile.

Wow. I feel like I just ran uphill 5 miles with a 50 pound pack on my back.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote