View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 03:55 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
I think Sony dropped the ball by not having at least a dictionary function. If the whispernet and access to the Amazon store options were unavailable to me , then I would go for a Cybook before I'd pick up another Sony Reader. I have found that I use the dictionary a lot more than I thought I would.

Of course, being a victim of public education may have something to do with that.
When I had a Sony I didn't think that dictionary lookup was that big a deal. Now I have a CyBook, though, I find myself using it all the time, especially when reading Dickens, who uses a lot of words which are no longer in common usage.

Question to Kindle owners: does Igor's "Mobi hack" allow you to use any of the commercially-available Mobi dictionaries on the Kindle? Has anyone tried doing this?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote