View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #78
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
amazon's software development teams are a joke...they're not a software company and it's painfully clear how amateur they are in this space.

i'm using Duokan for my pdf work now....it's actually far more efficient and competently implemented than Kindle OS. the render times are over twice as quick than the shoddy Amazon firmware.

i'm just as annoyed as you guys but instead of wasting my time complaining on here (which will achieve nothing) we need to write a letter to their cocky little CEO. he was recently preaching on tv how his company is 100% customer focussed.
Unfortunately, duokan is buggy when it comes to European charset support. Lots of missing letters. The devs are Chinese, so you can hardly blame them. Switching between duokan and kindle requires a reboot, so it's a bit of a pain.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote