View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
My Book List

In the interest of space I will be linking all titles to their Amazon page rather than writing a synopsis here.

All of my ratings will be based on the 5 star system with 1 being the lowest. These will reflect my personal opinion only. For reference, I am a 47 year old female.

Title - The Potluck Club
Author - Linda Evans Shepherd
Pages - 384
Genre - Christian Fiction
Rating - ***
Thoughts - I believe this book would only have appeal to women in my age group or older. It has a heavy Christian theme, but there are some twists that keep it from being overly bland.

Title - By Their Father's Hand: The Wesson Clan
Author - Monte Francis
Pages - 304
Genre - True Crime
Rating - *****
Thoughts - Sometimes it's hard to rate true crime books since the subject matter is always disturbing. Focusing solely on the writing, this one was good. I liked that the author only added important pieces of the trial, but it didn't read like a court transcript. The only verbatim section was the audio recorded at the crime scene which most readers, myself included, would appreciate. This was a well researched account.

Title - Watchlist (in progress)
Author - Jeffery Deaver and 21 others
Pages - 416
Genre - Thriller, Suspense, Mystery
Rating -
Thoughts -