View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #32
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
1 sci-fi, 1 behind-the-scenes author exclusive, 4 Christian fiction added to the round-up.

The Dangerous Dimension is a Golden Age sci-fi pulp novella by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

It's All About the Corset! is a Sony exclusive behind-the-scenes author thing by Mary Wine, whose books In the Warrior's Bed and something with Highlander in the title I can't otherwise remember and am too lazy to look up were previously offered free @ Sony, so if you liked those, maybe you'll want to read this.

The Christian fiction titles:

The Healer's Apprentice, by Melanie Dickerson is a historically set (14th century Germany) fairy-tale-based (Sleeping Beauty) romance, which may or may not be a YA (Sony's filed it under Children's Books, though the reviews didn't make it seem particularly YA-slanted).

This one apparently starts out very engaging, but kind of turns into that joke about the guy who kept praying for God to rescue him and ignored all the ships that God later claimed he sent in answer. I think I'll try it anyway, since I like historical fairy tale stuff and I can always stop and pretend they lived happily ever after when it starts to get too preachy. Not available to Canadians, by the way.

A Woman Called Sage, by DiAnn Mills. A historical Wild West revenge romance. Heroine depicted on the cover seems to be First Nations, which seems interesting enough that I think I'll skim a bit to see if this is actually the case.

Boyfriends, Burritos, and an Ocean of Trouble, 2nd in Real Life YA series by Nancy Rue. 1st in series was offered free awhile ago.

Catwalk, 2nd in On the Runway series by Melody Carlson. A repeat freebie not available to Canadians, 1st in series was also formerly offered free, so if you wanted to read what happened next, you're in luck! Unless you're Canadian.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote