View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #93
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I agree that people should be matched with devices that best suit them. This is why I have suggested Nooks and Sonys when people have said that want something for the library or a touchscreen. The strange thing is that I rarely see people outside of the Kindle users suggest a Kindle even when it is a good fit.

That probably is because non-Kindle folks are concerned about Kindle dominating the market and want to prevent that from happening. It just feels a bit like some of the non-Kindle users feel that Amazon and Kindle are the evil empire and people should be discouraged from using Amazon at all costs. That bothers me a great deal.

Or maybe I am finally getting why Apple lovers are a bit defensive.
As a long time Apple "fangirl" this really made me giggle. I have spent lots of time defending Apple...

I have a Kobo because I want to read library books. But since I'm a huge Amazon customer, I was peeved that the Kindle didn't support library books and peeved with the 1984 type incidents. Does that mean I have stopped shopping at Amazon? Nope, not at all. Does this stop me from wanting to buy ebooks from Amazon? Nope, not at all. Can I afford to own both a Kobo & a Kindle? Well, maybe...but I wouldn't want to try to explain that to my husband.

As someone would wants to give Amazon my money, it is rather annoying when Kindle users become snide/snarky or get their panties in a bunch whenever someone doesn't bow to Amazon's greatness. I recognize a flaw in the model because I can no longer give them my money. If Kindle supported libraries, I would have overlooked a lot of other concerns and purchased a Kindle...
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote