View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
I have a few LIT files that I want to convert to MOBI format and then to import into the Kindle. However, there are problems with how the words line wrap.
When converting lit files that have hard breaks like the one you describe you must go to the Structure detection area of conversion (see attached) and enable preprocessing of the input file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
Some files, particularly txt (text) ones don't have any paragraphs. ie. they're all one long blob of text. Is there any trick to creating paragraphs, or do I just have to live with it?
When converting text to Mobi if the default conversion doesn't work you will have to choose one of the other options in the text input area (see attached). If you hover over the options a tool tip will pop up informing you about each option. Also see this area of the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	structure detection.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	64014   Click image for larger version

Name:	textinput.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	64015  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-03-2011 at 07:00 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote