View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
Hanscraft
Hanscraft began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Exclamation I think I bricked Nook Color while rooting

So, I was following the instructions precisely for rooting this from NookDev on Windows when I got to the steps:
Tap the white Nav Arrow > settings > Wireless & verify that you are connected to WiFi
(The Nav arrow is the white up arrow in the middle of the notifications bar at the bottom of your screen.)
When prompted for the Home app, you're given the options of Home or Softkeys. Pick Softkeys or your Menu button won't work in Youtube.
Tap the Nav Arrow > extras > Youtube & accept the ToS
First, it would not let me hit the white Nav arrow, but went straight to the Home app. I choose Softkeys. It then would not let me hit the nav bottom. A new round button with an arrow appeared on the left side of the screen. I clicked that which brought up a set of buttons with 4-5 options. The buttons did not work or a sign popped up that said, "unable to execute as root."

I tried to hit a few more buttons before cutting it off. I put the card back in and started over again. Nothing. It won't even power on unless I plug into into the desktop (with and without the SD card). When it powers on, it just goes to the "n" logo and won't go any further.

Now what?
Hanscraft is offline   Reply With Quote