*** This plugin has now been moved to it's own thread - download from the link below ***
This plugin provides a way to quickly switch between certain preferences values without going into the preferences dialog. Specifically it currently caters for preferences related to adding books but could be added to in future if needed. This gives you a toolbar button (see screenshot below) which allows you to:
- Switch between up to four customisable regular expressions for file patterns
- Displayed as user friendly menu names, but the full regex is visible in the status bar at bottom of Calibre as you hover over the menu item.
- Toggle the checked status of the three other options related to adding books that exist in the preferences dialog currently
- Customise which menu options are included on the dropdown
- Customise keyboard shortcuts for all of the above
- Rebuilds the menu options after configuration changes without the need to restart Calibre (yay!)
- Keeps in sync with changes made via the Preferences dialog
- Includes a menu option to invoke the existing Preferences dialog from the menu.
Many users like myself prefer to rename files to a single standard format before importing into Calibre. However this plugin gives you the option to quickly "switch on the fly" your settings without the drudgery of the Preferences dialog (and saving your regular expressions in Notepad!).
By default I have included two regex patterns - the default Calibre one, and a second for handling titles in "author [- optional series #] - title" format.
- Requires Calibre 0.7.34 or later to allow the built-in images to be retrieved from the plugin zip file automatically at run-time.
- Follow standard plugin installation instructions as per the first post in this thread to install, restart Calibre and add to your toolbar
- To customise the plugin regular expressions and shortcuts, you can do so within the preferences dialog in the same screen you add the plugin. Expand the "User Interface Action plugins" section and select the "Quick Preferences" plugin on this list. Click the "Customise plugin" button and type the text for your alternate shortcut key combinations.
Feedback/suggestions as always welcomed.