Mobiperl is a collection of tools I am writing in Perl for handling MobiPocket files. Since it works OK and I am interested in suggestions for more functionality I start a new thread for it.
The latest version is 0.0.6 and it can be found here: https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/mobiperl/wiki
Direct download link: https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/tompe/mobiperl/
I have not yet tested mobiperl in Windows yet but if nobody else beat me to it I will try to test it during and write down how to use the programs under Windows. As I understand it ActivePerl is very common and it contains PPM that can be used to install packages.
Currently Mobiperl consists of:
- MobiHeader.pm: A class file for generating MOBI headers.
- html2mobi: Program to convert HTML files or OPF structures to MobiPocket.
- mobi2html: Can be used to decode a MobiPocket file to an HTML file. Now mostly useful for debugging.
- lit2mobi: Convert a lit file to a MobiPocker file.
- mobi2mobi: Manipulate a Mobipocket file. Can for example be used to change the title.
I am also planning to write a mobi2opf program that explodes a MobiPocket file and tries to create an OPF structure.