View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
Fastolfe
Bookworm
Fastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony PRS-650
First of all, like any battery, you should have started by giving it a good charge before trying to use it the first time. I've never seen adverse effects of using the device too soon myself, but I know friends who reported shaving off a lot of the battery's useful life by being impatient the first time. Also, to prolong its life, you should not charge it too often. Instead, give it a full charge only when there's only one bar left. Batteries need to be "exercized" regularly.

My experience, reading about 3 hours a day, quickly flicking through periodicals in the morning, and reading novels at lunch time and in the evening, is that the battery meter goes from fully charged (4 bars) to half dead (2 bars) in a little under a week. I often charge it with a car cellphone charger and it doesn't seem to cause it any trouble, but I always do let the red light turn itself off before unplugging it, so it's always charged up fully.

I'd say give it a couple of full charge/discharge cycles and see if it improves. If not, I reckon you should have the device fixed under warranty.
Fastolfe is offline   Reply With Quote