Does anyone have any plans for what they want to read or buy next year? I over-bought last year because I panicked and stock-piled in the days before the agency fiasco, so I have a huge backlog of unread books. That, plus my two libraries I borrow from (Toronto and Philadelphia) mean that unless a favourite author comes out with a new release I simply must have, I am going to drastically curtail my spending this year and read what I have. Here are the first on my list:
- I want to continue my one Smashwords book a week reviews. I took a break for the holidays since I was traveling and can't write on somebody else's computer but I have been enjoying this project and want to continue it.
- GraceKrispy also posted about a 'read ten free books' challenge. Again, I am not at home, so I did not look into this fully. But it is on my list to check out once I am home.
- I have some series to finish so I can clear those collections off my Kindle. Lemony Snicket, JD Robb (these are re-reads) and the Star Trek novels (these are mostly re-reads too) are first on my list! I can get through one of any of these books in one sitting, so I am going to just work my way through...
- I have a huuuuuuuge backlog of magazines from Fictionwise to get through. I subscribed at one point to three of them, enjoy them, but have to be in the right mood to read short fiction, and I guess I was not in the mood often enough
This is another collection I would like to clear off my Kindle.
- I want to try one of those 'read the bible in a year' programs, and have downloaded an iPad app for it.
- New releases I will definitely buy: Stephen King, Nora Roberts/JD Robb, Sue Grafton, Connie Willis, Douglas Coupland. Other than that, I'll wait for the library to pick it up.
So, anybody else want to share their reading plans for the new year?