Thread: iOS vs. Android
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I prefer the Nook Color because it's only $250. The other two are overpriced.
I didn't add "price" as a criteria. For one, I find the price of both absolutely okay. A low end notebook still is about € 800 - and in lots of areas less appealing than those tablets.

In addition, each consumer has to decide about his personal budget and needs.
I wouldn't compare "Mercedes" to "Volkswagen" or "Toyota" either. To some, "Mercedes" simply will be overpriced. Others just will compare to "BMW".

Last week, I saw a € 100 tablet from China. For this price, it was spectacular. How can they even integrate GPS, processor, touchscreen, RAM, ... for that kind of money?
The price/benefit ratio of that unit certainly is great. Still, I wouldn't buy it for myself.

I'm spending maybe 5 hours every single day with some gadget. For those thousands of hours (over a usage period of 2 or 3 years) even a price of € 1.000 would be way cheaper (per hour) than going to the cinema, having a standard dinner in a restaurant, purchasing a paper book or any other activity for your spare time.

And I don't even want to recommend any specific unit. I just wanted to show some of the differences between the systems...

Last edited by mgmueller; 12-29-2010 at 08:11 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote