View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #31
Rocknsoul
Rocknsoul began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
I got my Nook Thanksgiving Day when B&N was selling reconditioned ones on eBay. I love it!! I immediately got a bunch of free books & have checked Free Fridays faithfully. Yesterday I finally got around to connecting it to my computer & personalizing my wallpaper, screensaver, and loading books I had on my phone to My Docs.

Thanks to this board I found Project Gutenberg...yay! Google's books were getting frustrating. I also downloaded a ton of free books thanks to the sticky thread on top. Learned to enter 0.00 in my B&N search. I look forward to looking at other ereader sites to get more. I sent my library card app to Philadelphia yesterday. I will do more searches to find some more libraries to join. One nearby does digital loans, but since I don't live in the city it's $50/year to join! No thanks. I can't imagine my library will take much longer to catch up. I just realized how cheap I sound. Just super thrifty.

I do have 2 questions:

1) I keep seeing "Calibre"; what is this and why is it useful? I will also do a search to find out.

2) For some reason, my swiping doesn't work to turn pages in My Library. It works fine everywhere else. Is this normal?

I'm like a kid at a candy store. Happy, happy.

Rocknsoul is offline   Reply With Quote