Yeah! This time I used the book "Bone Song
" which I am reading on my 650 and is not in my Kindle book library archive.
This book went from Secure eReader to ePub to Sigil (for some clean up) to mobi (looks better in mobi than it does in ePub).
Anyway, I used the Mobi2Mobi GUI to make the metadata changes, transferred the book via USB to my K3 and opened it in K4PC. On K4PC, I searched for a passage from the page I'm reading on the 650. Found it and forced a sync, then closed the book. I turned on the WiFi on my K3, forced a sync then opened the book and synced to the furthest page read and it worked!
There will be a wiki page for this. Thanks again DD.
EDIT: I did make sure to change the file .mobi to .azw in Windows Explorer.