Originally Posted by lolagotit
I keep running into this error when trying to install calibre 7.35 on my Vista Pro 32 laptop: Error reading from file
c:\Users\Lola\Downloads\calibre-0.5.35.msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
Some random ideas:
1) ensure you are not out of disk space.
2) ensure that there is no installation of calibre on the machine. Delete c:\program files\calibre and c:\program files\calibre2.
3) if there is a calibre entry in the control panel 'programs' section, select its uninstall to remove it.
4) copy the calibre installation file from downloads to your desktop. The point of this is to see if you can copy it, or whether it has internal problems.
5) if none of the above works, check the drive for errors. Right click on c:, choose properties, then tools, then check drive. Choose 'automatically fix errors'. Windows will probably ask you to restart the machine.