View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #62
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Cool, but why would you want to do this when you could just set a hotkey string

Open Menu, Up on Five Way, Press Five Way

Plus, that'll take care of the top bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
Anyone knows a command to turn off kindle wireless? It's probelty a lipc command.

NVM, found it:

"lipc-get-prop com.lab126.wan powerState" shows the power status
0 = off
1 = on
3 = powering on
4 = powering off
(there might be more, but those are the ones I saw)
"lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan startWan 1" starts wireless
"lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan stopWan 1" stops wireless

Code:
if [ `lipc-get-prop com.lab126.wan powerState` -ne 1 ]; then
        lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan startWan 1
else
        lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan stopWan 1
fi
This is a short script to stop/start the wan depending if it was on or off when you ran it. The only weird thing is that the status bar/framework doesn't update to the wan status. There should be another lipc command to do so.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote