View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulius View Post
What... the... f**k.
What's your problem? He's just a penguin. He wants to read. It's not difficult. How about you just answer his question rather than acting like a bigoted penguin-hating jerk. I bet it's people like you who keep the "scientific whale hunting" and "cultural" seal-clubbing going, isn't it? You make me sick!

(You know I'm joking, right? )

Imperceptible (ah, you look so cute in your little ski outfit), first up I suggest trading some of those fish for some almighty Euro (unless you're within Whispernet range, in which case some rootin'-tootin', gangbuster greenbacks might be the go). I understand one fish is currently trading for US$1 and about 1.5 Euros, though note that these scales are slippery, and you need to wait around to hook an acceptable rate.

Once done so, well, while I might normally suggest something like the Iliad, with its extra weight from its advantageous screen size handicapping any seagull that attempts to make off with it, such an advantage does not look like a requirement for yourself. Thus, I am slightly at a loss as to what to recommend?

Do you have a need to look at full-size pdfs of ocean current forcasts as issues by major maritime departments throughout the world? Well, you might be again looking at the Iliad, though I believe the Cybook has zoom abilities. If you frequently follow schools of fish within the perimeters of Whispernet, well the convenience of ordering books on-the-go may be something that drives you towards the Kindle (take care not to lose it in the snowfields, however - it's a whiter shade of pale). If you just want a simple Reader that works to catch up on a whole lot of classic texts (Moby Dick, The Old Man And The Sea, etc.) that you've been meaning to get to, the Sony might be the trick with its "100 Free Classic Titles" offer (better double check those title-suggestions I just made though). It's got some good deals going at the moment, though I realise that with your fish-horde that money is not a problem.

Perhaps if you can elaborate on your requirements and desires more, something more suited towards your psychology, geography and meteorology can be suggested.

Either way, I love the avatar. You ever think of starring in pictures? I've heard that penguins may be popular in Hollywood at the moment...

Cheers,
Marc (I like penguins, but I couldn't eat a whole one)

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 11-19-2010 at 02:52 PM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote