View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u
I tried this a few times with no luck. Have I missed a step?
Hmmm... not sure.
It's been a while since I've used the feature, so I tried it all again just to make sure I wasn't handing out bum advice... and it's still working for me. I took a non-Amazon version of Robin Hobb's Assassin's Apprentice, converted it to mobi and made the 113 and 501 changes with Mobi2Mobi-Gui (I normally use the command-line version on Linux, so I wanted to make sure that the gui version on Windows wasn't doing things differently). I plopped the file in K4PC and on my K2, synced both devices, then changed to a later location (on the K2) and synced. Then I opened K4PC and opened the book and it immediately asked if I wanted go the the location that I had read to on my K2.

I also tested it going the other way... advancing the location on K4PC, syncing, and reopening the book on my K2 and syncing to furthest page read. It asked me if I wanted to jump to the location from K4PC.

I'm using a K2 and K4PC ver. 1.3.0 (30884)
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote