View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
marshies
Enthusiast
marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.marshies for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS650
Price match + Coupon, is this acceptable consumer behaviour?

I recently acquired a coupon that specifies 50$ off any 100$ purchase from the Sony Store. On the back it does say that the offer isn't valid when combined with other offers.

I got a Sony Store to agree to price match a Best Buy offer for 219 on the PRS650. I'm wondering if I would be right to walk in and use this coupon on top of the price match. Or would that already be a considered "another offer"?

When I spoke to the manager, I was originally going for a price match at 209 for Future Shop, but he said that would make them sell under costs. Has anyone had similar experiences buying a Sony PRS 650 or any other ereader at about 80$ discount other than with the trade-in credits?

As a starving student, I'd be happy for any savings I can get...but I'm just not sure if I'm doing it in an acceptable manner. If I were the sales manager and someone brought a coupon after I offered price match, I'd be pretty angry.
marshies is offline   Reply With Quote