View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 07:02 AM   #77
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
Well, those dictionaries are commercial dictionaries that are not available directly in Kindle format, so I had to convert them and add inflections to them myself... Basically, here are a few possibilities I know of:

- there is a pretty good English-Czech dictionary for Kindle at http://www.uloz.to/6464818/encs-dictionary-2-0-mobi - this is a free GNU dictionary, so you can freely download it and use it straight away or even distribute it if you want

- in case you own an older Lingea Lexicon English-Slovak dictionary, Van Dale Pocketbook or Van Dale Big Dutch-English dictionary, you can convert them to mobi dictionaries (and add inflections so that you could search also for derived word forms such as plurals, past tense etc)

The possibility of conversion and adding inflections may apply to any other dictionaries you own that have accessible database but note that it requires quite some work and at least basic programming skills! I found basically all information needed to do that here on MR forums but feel free to PM me in case you want to do this and need some help - I can give you more details on how to proceed. I certainly hope more good dictionaries will appear directly for Kindle in the future, so that this extra work is not necessary...

Last edited by janvanmaar; 12-24-2010 at 07:05 AM.
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote