View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
rumplestiltskin
Enthusiast
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Nook Color
I'd have to call it magenta or maybe "candy apple" red. However, I still think it's way closer to pink than red.

Turns out the unit was defective as all that would come up in the Reader Library application (OSX 10.6.5) was the name "Error" when the reader appeared in the sidebar. The two volumes mounted (Settings and Reader, if I remember correctly). Settings contained the Reader app installer and Reader had one folder in it named "database" which others up here have warned against mucking with. Any books I dropped into the Reader Library app never sync'd to the PRS650. However, dropping the ePubs directly into the "Reader" folder -did- work. I worked with Sony tech support for about 30 minutes and they decided to send me another, new PRS650 and take my old one back. Should be done next week. BTW, the techie said he would send me a black unit if I wished (and I did).
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote